- RBN401 pro-ribbon HF driver with exceptional intelligibility and SPL output
- Very low profile enclosure for minimal sightline obstruction
- Wide angle coverage (120deg) combined with very precise vertical projection
- Passive filtering for easy operation, “daisychaining” and economical powering coverage.
- Extended headroom/SPL and protection in combination with ALC
- SIS pre-wired for very high damping and further reduced distortion (with ALC)
- Durotect™ scratch-resistant coating
The SR9 is a passive 2-way ultra-compact loudspeaker, specifically designed for applications where ultimate fidelity response needs to be projected with wide horizontal and precise vertical coverage.
Typical (short to medium throw) applications for the SR9 range from low-profile stage-lip/front-fill (on-stage or in show deck) to upper-/underbalcony up to “stealth-mounted” system in stair risers or walls.
As “signature” of all Alcons designs, the SR9 combines remarkable clarity and intelligibility with high SPL. Loaded with the RBN401 pro-ribbon driver, with its patented wide, horizontally controlled dispersion, the system features 120° dispersion with a super fast transient response for unsurpassed intelligibility and a “digitally” dynamic response. The narrow vertical coverage offers maximum “gain-before- feedback” directly above (on stage) or under (orchestra pit) the speaker. The double 5” woofers are non-vented, for a smooth low-end roll-off; This sealed box tuning enables easily adjustable low frequency response.
The low height and shallow depth, combined with the specially recessed connector plate make the SR9 fit inconspicuously in virtually any space.
The system includes dedicated filtering, but system equalizing is done remotely (electronically) fully utilizing the individual speaker components’ output capacity. This results in increased headroom SPL above 800Hz. of 10dB.
The SignalIntegritySensing™ pre-wiring ensures complete cable/connector compensation between the SR9 and ALC.
For full system performance, the SR9 is to be used in combination with an ALC amplified loudspeaker controller. Driven by the ALC, the SR9 delivers maximum sound quality with increased headroom, under dedicated equalisation and inaudible (power and excursion) protection.