Opening Pro-Ribbon Webinar Series To The Public
Alcons Audio is proud to present a new series of online educational sessions, featuring industry Icons (Buford Jones, Gord Reddy) and special guests, beginning May 12, 2020. Whether specializing in touring/production, installation, or cinema, this series will delve into the latest technology, spark innovative dialogue, and expand the sound designer’s toolbox. Reserve your seat, click HERE
Alcons’ online Go-To presentations have always been an essential part of the company’s USA communications for supporting engineers and consultants, training new dealers and providing information to potential customers. With the increased demand for online information, Alcons is now making these presentations available to a much wider audience.
“Our multiple-patented pro-ribbon transducer technology has always been surrounded by misconceptions about overall usability in professional sound reinforcement. With the webinars we aim to demystify our transducer technology.” Tom Back, founder Alcons Audio
Presented by David Rahn of Alcons Audio USA, with guest input from several highly renowned audio engineers, each webinar will be 30-60 minutes in length. The webinars will provide a detailed insight into Alcons’ products and applications, and will explore the technology behind the company’s multiple-patented pro-ribbon audio solutions and the benefits they bring to the pro audio industry.
Every session will start with an introduction to Alcons Audio, with key information about the company, and will finish with a short Q&A session. Participants will be invited to discuss the different topics and to exchange views on current market standards and the future of Pro Audio.
“Our multiple-patented pro-ribbon transducer technology has always been surrounded by misconceptions about overall usability in professional sound reinforcement. With the webinars we aim to demystify our transducer technology. Or simply said: “everything you thought you knew about pro-ribbon technology, debunked”.” says Alcons Audio co-founder and managing director Tom Back.
“In general, the webinars will help to provide a better technical understanding of our advanced designs and will demonstrate why our ‘evolutionary audio solutions’ have gained a special position in the pro-audio industry.”
May 12, May 19, June 02, 2020
Introduction to Pro-Ribbon Technology.
• Includes a history of the pro-ribbon driver and a discussion on dispersion characteristics.
May 14, May 21, June 04 2020
Introduction to Alcons Production Market Solutions, Including the New LR24.
• Includes an introduction to Alcons pro-ribbon technology, Alcons pro-ribbon line array solutions (L-Series) and Alcons point source solutions.
• This session includes guest appearances by recording / live sound engineer Buford Jones (Prince, David Bowie, Eric Clapton, Pink Floyd and others) and live engineer
Gord Reddy (Alison Krauss, Sarah McLachlan, Norah Jones and others).
May 19, June 02 2020
Introduction to Alcons Residential Home Theatre Solutions.
• Includes an introduction to Alcons pro-ribbon technology, residential home theatre solutions (C-series, CRMS series) and a look at applications and projects.
• This session includes a guest appearance by audiophile and home theater aficionado Brad Scott.
May 21, June 04, 2020
Introduction to Alcons Commercial Cinema Solutions.
• Includes an introduction to Alcons pro-ribbon technology, commercial cinema solutions (C-series, CRMS series) and a look at application and projects.
All webinars will be in English and all will take place at 10.00 AM PST (USA) / 19.00 CEST (Europe). Further webinar guest appearances will be announced in the near future.