- RBN401 pro-ribbon HF driver with exceptional intelligibility and dynamic output
- Patented “Real-90” horizontal dispersion up to beyond 20kHz
- 1:1 non-compressed linear sound reproduction, with up to 90% less distortion
- SIS pre-wired for very high damping and further reduced distortion (with ALC)
- Durotect™ coated multi-angle enclosure provides versatile deployment
- Also available in mirrored version as VR8M for symmetrical monitor pairing
The VR8 is a 2-way ultra-compact multi-purpose loudspeaker, for both portable and permanent applications. The system combines a reference-quality clarity and intelligibility, with a high dynamic SPL.
The VR8 HF section features the RBN401 pro-ribbon driver with an 800 W peak power input, enabling a 1:16 dynamic range with up to 90% less distortion from 1 kHz to beyond 20 kHz.
The RBN401 is mounted on a “revolvable” 90° x 40° wave-guide and projects with “Real-90” horizontal dispersion up to 20.000Hz.
Due to the “compression-less” principle of the pro-ribbon transducer technology, the system has a fully linear response at any SPL, for an intuitive 1:1 performance.
The low-end is taken care of by an 8” mid-bass transducer, with 2” voice-coil motor structure and treated cone, combining a wide frequency range, superb accuracy with low power compression.
For full system performance, the VR8 needs to be driven by an ALC controller-amplifier, delivering maximum sound quality with increased headroom and utmost operation reliability and flexibility.
The Signal Integrity Sensing™ pre-wiring ensures complete cable/connector compensation between the VR8 and ALC, significantly increasing response accuracy, regardless of cable length and system impedance, with tight and accurate mid and bass response as result.
The asymmetrical enclosure design provides for very flexible mounting (ceiling, wall) and usage.
Typical (short to medium throw) applications for the VR8 range from full-range PA, stage monitor, under-balcony system up to a compact main PA system, in combination with a separate subwoofer.
The VR8 is also available in mirrored version as VR8M (mirrored asymmetric cabinet and baffle configuration), for symmetrical monitor pairing.