- Modular scalable low-mid array system, with multiple units flown or stacked above each other
- Neodymium drivers for excellent performance-to-weight ratio
- SIS pre-wired for very high damping and further reduced distortion (with ALC)
- Passive filtering for easy operation and economical powering
- Durotect™ scratch-resistant coating
The QM18 is a modular, limited bandwidth loudspeaker to be used as vertical low-mid array, either in stacked or flown configuration, for both permanent and (limited) portable installations. It is designed as low-mid extension of a QR-array.
The QM18 “array in-fill” module is applied in a multiple QR-array, where the direct HF reproduction/projection of a QR is not required, but where an uninterrupted LMF line-source array is desirable for extended frequency control. The tightly spaced mid-bass transducers are fully compliant with the laws of line-array behaviour. The Signal Integrity Sensing™ pre-wiring ensures complete cable/connector compensation between the QM18 and ALC. In this way, the ALC can be loaded down to 2 ohms, without any sacrifice on response quality (4 units QM18 parallel on one channel loads 3 ohms).
Typical applications for the QM-systems include “array in-fill” to a QR main system for theatre, PA system in “acoustically challenging rooms”, as well as high power side-fill stage monitoring.
For full system performance, the QM18 needs to be driven by an ALC amplified loudspeaker controller. Driven by the ALC, the QM18 delivers maximum sound quality with inaudible (power and excursion) protection.