- RBN1801 pro-ribbon HF drivers with exceptional intelligibility and high SPL output
- All Neodymium drivers for excellent performance-to-weight ratio
- Modular scalable array system, with multiple units flown or stacked above each other
- SIS pre-wired for very high damping and further reduced distortion (with ALC)
- Extended headroom/SPL and protection in combination with ALC
- Passive filtering for easy operation and economical powering
The QR18 is a modular 2-way column loudspeaker to be used as vertical array, either in stacked or flown configuration, for both permanent and (limited) portable installations. It combines the ease-of-use handling of a conventional system, with the throw of a line-array system.
Featuring a single RBN1801 pro-ribbon driver (patents pending), the QR18 offers Real-90 horizontal dispersion with seamless coverage; Its transient response and high peak power handling enable an amazing intelligibility and throw.
The 91% active frontal radiation, in combination with the pro-ribbon’s all-natural cylindrical flat (Isophasic) wavefront, brings maximum “gain-before-feedback” up to directly in front of / under the cabinet.
The Signal Integrity Sensing™ pre-wiring ensures complete cable/connector compensation between the QR18 and ALC. In this way, the ALC can be loaded down to 2 ohms, without any sacrifice on response quality (4 units QR18 parallel on one channel loads 3 ohms).
The system includes dedicated filtering, but system equalizing is done remotely (electronically) fully utilizing the individual speaker components’ power capacity; In combination with the unusual high peak power handling (3000W/200mS), this results in a virtually infinite headroom SPL from 1kHz. up.
Typical applications for the QR-systems include main system for theatre, PA system in “acoustically challenging rooms”, as well as high power side-fill stage monitoring.
For full system performance, the QR18 needs to be driven by an ALC amplified loudspeaker controller. Driven by the ALC, the QR18 delivers maximum sound quality with inaudible (power and excursion) protection.